Problems after crash due to power break

franconews news at franconews.org
Tue Dec 10 23:22:13 UTC 2002

Le Dimanche 8 Décembre 2002 01:21, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I want to try to make CNFS a bit more robust in the presence of crashes,
> but it's tricky to do that and still keep it fast.  One really doesn't
> want to be constantly msyncing everything.

Would it be possible to make the CNFSflushallheads function a standalone
program so that one could 'cron' it or add a parameter to set some
"needflush" watermarks based on time or buffersize (eg flush each 10 minutes
or flush each 100 kb) ?
I think this could make cnfs more robust since even on a small feed the number
of lost posts seems  high to me.