checkincludedtext behavior

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Dec 12 22:49:51 UTC 2002

On 12 Dec 2002, bill davidsen wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0212091837060.8548-100000 at puck.litech.org>,
>
> | I suppose the thing to do is to pull it into inn.conf and additionally
> | make it overridable in readers.conf (just like checkincludedtext).  Maybe
> | make the ratio between new and included customizable as well?
>
> Why not? The logic to do the check is there, it's one of the things I
> almost always tune.

This is included in the Perl posting filter patch I made the other day.

I expressed it as "maximum included fraction", e.g. quoted text cannot
exceed 0.6 of the article, because that made more sense to me at the time.
But it could be written as a ratio of quoted to new, if that makes more
sense to most people.  Is there a standard way of expressing this?

(Seriously, do tell me -- glancing at it now I definitely need to use a
more intuitive name for the parameter, but I can change the code around at
the same time.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org