buffindexed: could not open overview

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Sat Dec 14 11:11:03 UTC 2002

In article <20021203005751.GA18890 at cdp.kigam.re.kr>,
	Sang-yong Suh <sysuh at kigam.re.kr> wrote;

} Thank you for the new document. It helped me a lot to understanding the
} code.

That is still 2/3 or 1/2 of what I try to explain.  I'll
try to finish soon, hopefully.

} The code tries to read ovindexhead.  However, the actual content is
} overview data.  The block number, if multiplied by block_size(8192)
} produces an offset which is beyond the file limit.  This causes
} MMAP on the next loop to fail resulting the syslog error:
} "ovgroupmmap ovbuff is null".
}
} Is there a way to fix this?

Assuming you've never had system crash, there are two
possibilities of the occurrence.  One is unified buffer
cache of your OS may not work correctly.  Another is
there is a bug in buffindexed.  In the case, it's
necessary to investigate by defining OV_DEBUG which
examines occupancy of the BLOCK by another program.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou