INN 2.3.3 HP-UX 11.0 ANSI/C compiler

Christopher Caldwell cdc at groupz.net
Wed Dec 18 01:12:25 UTC 2002

./configure
make

Without flex, the build errors out on lex:

         lex configfile.l
"configfile.l" line 112: warning 48: Undefined start condition <EOF
         mv lex.yy.c config_l.c
         yacc -d configfile.y
         mv y.tab.h config_y.h
         mv y.tab.c config_y.c
         cc -g -Ae -I../include   -c config_l.c
cpp: "config_l.c", line 82: error 4062: "You must use FLEX to process the
lex in
put file."
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

<SNIP here's what's around configfile.l line 112>

   BEGIN(INITIAL);
}

<<EOF>> {
   if ( include_stack_ptr <= 0 )

</SNIP>

Apparently lex on HP doesn't care for the EOF syntax.

With flex, I get a bit farther:

          cc -g   -o innfeed article.o buffer.o config_l.o config_y.o
connection.o  endpoint.o host.o innlistener.o main.o misc.o
tape.o  version.o ../storage/libstorage.a ../lib/libinn.a  -lelf
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "yymaxdepth" in files config_y.o and
../lib/libinn.a(parsedate.o)
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Found 1 duplicate symbol(s)

In comp.sys.hpux, news.software.nntp, I get hit's on both errors, but I
haven't been able to figure out a solution.  www.isc.org makes mention of the
"must use FLEX" issue, but not the duplicate symbol issue.  Suggestions
would be appreciated.

TIA for your help,
-C