buffindexed, a racing problem?

Kiernan, Alex alexk at demon.net
Wed Dec 18 07:24:36 UTC 2002

> 3. Dec 18 00:39:47 expireover[4889] group 1379 allocated the
> block (0,105633).
>
> and at almost the same time,
>
> 4. Dec 18 00:39:47 yfs innd: buffindexed: 0x00007aa7 trying to occupy
>         new block(0, 105633), but already occupied
>
> Isn't it a racing problem?

Could this be fcntl(F_SETLKW) returning with EINTR? It looks to me like
inn_lock_range will return in this instance without acquiring the write lock
- I've spent an hour or so staring a ovblocknew() to see if I could see any
holes and this is all I can come up with.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc