wanttrash not for local posts?

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Dec 20 16:25:33 UTC 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, patricks at support.nl wrote:

> I'm somewhat confused about wanttrash. I have wanttrash in inn.conf
> on true, but i still see "437 Unwanted newsgroup" in the logfiles.

Ah, that always happens.  Even with wanttrash true, the remote host will
see the same message, it's just that the article will be saved into the
junk newsgroup.

(I'm not sure if nnrpd makes additional checks, though.)

Regardless, if what you're trying to accomplish is "make it look as if we
carry all the groups" or "create groups when people post to them", it's
not that easy :-/

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org