INN : 423 Bad Article Number

Ahmad Luqman u990012 at giki.edu.pk
Fri Dec 20 18:24:38 UTC 2002

Hi I am a newbie to INN and setting up a local NNTP server using INN 2.3 on
a local
Lan Server. So far the INN server which I have managed to setup(in a whole
day) can
only read articles but when i post message, I cant receive through any of
the client. The
messages are in the server which I found in the spool directory but the
server isnt just
posting them when a client tries to retrieve them. I than ran the NNTP
protocol using
RFC 977 example which shows the following:

200 news.resnet.giki.edu.pk InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.2 ready
(posting ok
).
list
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
control 0000000000 0000000001 n
control.cancel 0000000000 0000000001 n
control.checkgroups 0000000000 0000000001 n
control.newgroup 0000000000 0000000001 n
control.rmgroup 0000000000 0000000001 n
junk 0000000000 0000000001 n
test.newsgroup1 0000000003 0000000001 y
netronix.socities.newsgroup 0000000006 0000000001 y
.
GROUP netronix.socities.newsgroup
211 2 5 6 netronix.socities.newsgroup
STAT 5
423 Bad article number
quit
205
.

You can see that when i get the stat there are two messages 5 and 6 in the
server but when i
try to retreive them i get the following erroe of 423 Bad article number. I
gave a lot of search
on the search sites and found some results but all of them never lead to my
solution. You are
last hope.

Ahmad Luqman

SeniorYear Student