[INN-COMMITTERS] inn (TODO)

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sat Dec 28 14:38:48 UTC 2002

On Dec 28, "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" <jeff at litech.org> wrote:

 >I'm generally bothered by control.ctl (especially lately with the newgroup
 >floods).  It should probably be kept in mind when designing the new config
 >file to replace newsfeeds/incoming.conf/innfeed.conf, since the
 >fundamental (though ephermal) list of "what groups we want to carry" is
 >relevant to that new file as well as the replacement for control.ctl.
Do not forget that it has to be parsed from perl...

 >The header-only feed reminds me of something that crossed my mind the
 >other day.  I'm imagining something like a Message-ID-only feed; probably
 >this could be done with MODE CANCEL.  Except that I don't know anything
 >about MODE CANCEL, and the documentation in innd(8) is a bit vague.  For
Look at perl-nocem.

I would *really* find good uses for a headers-only feed (there is no way
I can use nnrpd for big server farms which need multiple hosts, but I
still would like to use INN for transit and filtering, and maybe spool
too.)

--
ciao,
Marco