[INN-COMMITTERS] inn (TODO)

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sat Dec 28 23:57:23 UTC 2002

On Dec 28, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

 >Modifying innfeed to generate a header-only feed is pretty trivial; the
 >only hard part is puzzling out where in innfeed to do it.  I think people
 >have even posted patches before.
I don't think so. Alex Kiernan once announced he was working on it but
never posted a innfeed patch.
I posted a innxmit patch once but it was not merged, I do not remember
why.

 >What's the main obstacle to using nnrpd for reading?  The need to
 >replicate the spool to each of the reader hosts?
Yes. I have been burned by using NFS once and I will not repeat this
error soon.
INN will not be suitable for large server clusters until it will be able
to populate the history+overview from a headers feed and get the articles
on demand with a NNTP pseudo-spool method.

--
ciao,
Marco