user authentication and access

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 30 04:45:18 UTC 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
> > Agreed.  Or maybe the union of read and post?
>
> Hm.  Yeah, that works, although union is harder to implement (you can't
> just squish the wildmats together because of the effect of !).

Yeah, I thought about that, and decided that it might be a bit more
expensive but not enough to matter to go back to the basic definition
( A U B === { x | x in A or x in B} ) and just run both wildmats and see
if either matched.

I guess it might slow down LIST enough to notice.  Thoughts?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org