How to access the archive

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 27 18:49:02 UTC 2002

Martin Neuditschko <yosuke.tomoe at gmx.net> writes:

> Is there a way to use the archive like a normal news group (only
> reading, not posting) like:
> my.news.group ... My normal news group where articles expire after 30
>                   days
> archive.my.news.group ... The full archive of my NG

Not with the tools that come with INN.  It should be possible to write
something that would do this, though; it should grab the article from a
feed like archive already does, edit the newsgroups header, munge the
References and Message-ID headers in some matching way, and repost the
message into the new group.

It's not trivial, but it's also not that much programming work.