ctlinnd shutdown

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Feb 5 03:18:28 UTC 2002

I notice that `ctlinnd shutdown`, unlike the other ctlinnd commands,
doesn't return an Ok.  Is this on purpose, and if not, does anybody who
knows how the channel stuff works want to look into it?

Also, I just moved from STABLE to CURRENT, and I'm finding that
throttle followed by shutdown leaves me with things like

    Feb  4 02:24:33 marduk innd: SERVER can't close history
    /usr/local/news/db/history: Interrupted system call

and

    Feb  4 13:18:39 marduk innd: SERVER can't close history
    /usr/local/news/db/history: No such file or directory

...but nothing is in any way corrupted.  (rc.news and innwatch, as well as
possibly some random nnrpds, are still running after shutdown, though.
It's been so long since I took INN down on purpose that I forget exactly
what's supposed to happen.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org