nnrpd development

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 6 15:46:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Matus \fantomas\ Uhlar wrote:

> Well, I'd like to see parameters -H -T -X in nnrpd :)
> maybe also something like -i in innd (the parameter should be renamed
> probably then)

Hmm.  On the one hand, whatever is actually listening on the socket (INN
or inetd, for most people) could do most of this stuff.  On the other,
people still do use nnrpd -D.  Anyone know how hard it would be to pull
the code for the above out for common use?

> Also, a headers config file (which headers to add, which to remove, which to
> overwrite) would be nice. Or should I do it with perl?

This could tie in nicely with the header handling reorganization I was
going to do anyway.  Russ...?

No idea yet where this would be configured (ideally we'd have the new
parsing infrastructure for it), but one could picture a list (perhaps
per-access-group in readers.conf) of headers, each marked with flags as to
how to handle it, in the ways you describe and others (are duplicates
permitted, should it be sent to nnrpd_filter.pl).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org