Thank you and a last question....

Darian Lanx david at uptime.at
Thu Feb 7 09:55:26 UTC 2002

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it a great deal, however, ther is
one last thing left to be adressed.

I can fetch news and inject them locally via the suck setup just fine now, the
only problem I have left, is the non propergating of messages to global
newsgroups which are posted to the local server. Let me give you an example

local INN --> first upstream (news.sil.at)

alt.test                alt.test
posted msg        posted msg on local INN
shows up            even after get-news.inn run
here                    does not show up here

Another funny thing that I have noticed is the following:
Whenever I post a msg to the local server directed to alt.test the
/var/spool/news/outgoing/silfeed file does not grow. it simply remains at 0
bytes. Does that mean my Server silently stores the message without marking it
for outbound?

Since I experimented with the suck tool I had to modify my newsfeed
configuration accordingly, it now reads:

silfeed/newsmaster-03.atnet.at,newsmaster-01.atnet.at,atnet.at\
        :!junk,!control*,!local*/!local\
        :Tf,Wnm:

would that not be correct?

Thank you once more, I`ll try to look for a solution myslef, but I am grateful
for any hints.
-d