INN CURRENT + buffindexed: missing overview data for some articles

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Fri Feb 8 06:34:07 UTC 2002

I'm running INN CURRENT (20020114) and there seems to be an annoying
problem. If INN has been up and running long enough it starts to lose
overview data of new articles.

The articles the overview data of which is missing are stored on CNFS
buffers and can be retrieved with sm all the time. The article numbers
appear on active file, too. But when a reader connects to server nnrpd
doesn't show all the article numbers which can be found from active
and neither does it show the overview data.

I'm using overchan to store the overview data and the overview method
used is buffindexed. I don't think it's overchan that causes the
problem because it appears also when overchan is not used.

--
- Matti -