Performance problem with nnrpd on Tru64

Francois Baligant francois at ops.be.wanadoo.com
Thu Feb 14 01:15:01 UTC 2002

	Hi,

	We run inn-STABLE-20020122 on a 2 CPUs Tru64 5.1 box
	with 2 gigabytes of memory. We serve around 160-180
	concurrent NNTP sessions at peak time. During these
	peak times, the load on the box is very high.. average
	6.0 up to 10-15.

	Most of the CPU is spend in kernel (80% system 20% user)
	which seems to underline a performance problem with
	the mmap() usage.

	I tried with 'articlemmap false' and 'articlemmap true'
	and it didn't make a difference.

	For information, the pagesize is 8192. I have enabled
	manually msync() as requested in the mmap() man pages
	(we use AdvFS) and madvice() as well.

	Anyone as hint for performance tuning ?

	Thanks,
	Francois
--

Francois Baligant            _     Wanadoo Belgium NV/SA,
Network Operation Center    ( )       a subsidiary of France Telecom

- "if you hold a unix shell to your ear, do you hear the c?"