Time hash period

Zenon Panoussis oracle at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 16 18:28:03 UTC 2002

I have a spool of half a million articles somewhere
that I want to feed to a new server. The new server
is using time hash. Unless I slow down the feed to
take a few months to finish the job, all the 500.000
articles will end up in one or two top directories,
thus defeating the whole purpose of time hash.

I searched for a way to tell inn to use a (much)
shorter interval of switching directories, but
found none. The closest I came was
http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/inn-workers/1997/12/msg00099.html
where it appears that if I understood C, which
I don't, I could edit timehash.c and recompile
to achieve this.

Ideally I would want a directory shift every 20
or 30 minutes. Is there any kind soul around who
can tell me how to do it?

Ideally there should be a way to control this from
inn.conf. Are there any plans to make it so (or have
I missed something anyway?)

oracle at everywhere: The ephemeral source of the eternal truth...