Posting over innd/lc.c

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Feb 17 19:34:54 UTC 2002

(IPv6 patch is >< close to being ready.)

I believe we've induced a small bug that I don't know enough to track
down.  The symptom is that posts are being treated as if they're coming
from localhost and are being rejected based on incoming.conf.  Now, this
isn't right; normally everything magically goes from nnrpd somehow
avoiding incoming.conf.  On examination of the innd source, I'm getting
the impression that the way this is supposed to work is that nnrpd uses a
unix domain socket (innd/lc.c stuff) and that somehow bypasses
incoming.conf.  Is that right?

And if so, does anybody know offhand where the bit of code that decides
whether to apply incoming.conf or not?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org