Posting over innd/lc.c

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Feb 17 21:26:59 UTC 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
>
> > And if so, does anybody know offhand where the bit of code that decides
> > whether to apply incoming.conf or not?
>
> That channel is supposed to have LCreader as its reader function.  It
> sounds like it has RCreader instead, which applies incoming.conf rules.

Right, that's what you'd think.  But it's something else, I'm pretty sure.
I added some debugging to print out RClabelname(cp) and CHANname(cp)
before doing the *cp->Reader callback, and when I try to post through
nnrpd I see "localconn" go by.  The only channel with that Type is surely
using LCreader.

> LCreader will accept all connections.

Well, the connection gets accepted (I happen to have localhost in
incoming.conf for other reasons, but with a restrictive pattern), but the
article gets returned with 437 Can't post... but that error only belongs
to art.c in the case that (according to the comment) the newsgroups aren't
in the active file.  However, the group is clearly in the active file,
since if I change incoming.conf it works just fine.

Is it just me, or is there something very weird going on?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org