INN CURRENT + buffindexed: missing overview data for some articles

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Mon Feb 18 13:41:05 UTC 2002

Katsuhiro Kondou <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> writes:

> In article <qzueljp8u8w.fsf at butler.cc.tut.fi>,
> 	Matti Saarinen <mjs at cc.tut.fi> wrote;
>
>}      articles which have bigger number cannot be seen. If I restart
>}      INN the problem goes away for a moment. (Except for those
>}      articles already missing.)
>
> As you mensioned the problem seems to happen regardless of overchan
> usage, but can you examine overview data which could not be handed
> to overchan under $pathoutgoing?

     Well, yes I could examine the overview data under $pathoutgoing
     and I did so. What I found out was that somehow the data has got
     corrupted. When I fed the data to overchan manually overchan
     complained about corrupt entries.

     It seems that every time the overview entries start to be missing
     there is overview data written under $pathoutgoing and the first
     line of that data is corrupt. I think the real reason behind this
     is that the overview disks of my server cannot keep up with the
     incoming feed.

     Thanks.

--
- Matti -