nnrpd development

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Feb 18 18:44:34 UTC 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
>
> > Err, why not just run two nnrpds?
>
> Running two makes sense to me, but ideally you don't want to have to
> maintain two readers.conf files (rather than just tagging some auth groups
> as SSL-only).

Mmm, true.  You'd think I would remember ssl_required:, after
all.

> Particularly down the road when we want to make SSL easier
> and easier to use as more and more people try to set it up.  People will
> find setting up two separate configuration files more confusing.

Pretty much everybody seems overwhelmed by readers.conf and just pounds on
the example one until it works.  We'll need to provide something sensible
in the examples for this.

(Maybe we need some sort of tutorial-like introduction to readers.conf?
I'm not sure what's particularly wrong with the manpage, but clearly
something is.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org