Posting over innd/lc.c

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Feb 19 23:35:27 UTC 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> - locally posted(thru AF_UNIX) article was unwantedly
>   examined to see if Newsgroups is acceptable
>
> Is that right?

Yes.

> As Russ wroted, MyAddress.s_addr is zero, and I think
> RCcanpost() should always return 1 for that channel,
> since RCpeerlist should never include such list.

Ohh.  I see what you are saying.  By the time RCcanpost is called, we
already know the connection is legitimate.  So if no peer matches, it must
be coming via localconn.

That makes sense.  We did change the entry in incoming.conf slightly
(adding a few other names for the local machine) and that must have
caused this.

Well, it should be acceptable for RCpeerlist to have an entry for
localhost, I think.  So I will leave the " == 0 then return 1" check at
the top of RCcanpost, then.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org