Some updates to HACKING

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 20 21:34:59 UTC 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I updated some of the information about generating POD documentation

Is there a good reference for perldoc anywhere, particularly as would be
useful for general documentation (i.e., non-Perl) purposes?  I've just
been using the existing doc/pod/ stuff as a reference, but it would be
nice to have a real reference.

(And if not, we should document the subset of POD that we use for INN.)

>     *  Plain structs make perfectly reasonable abstract data types;

Fine by me.

Well, in almost all cases there's a typedef but then we go ahead and
dereference the underlying struct directly, which completely kills any
possibility of changing the ADT to anything except a struct later anyway.

In rare cases, when there's really an abstract interface with operations
specified, then sure, typedef.  Otherwise it's just, well, hypocritical.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org