cnfsstat gives incorrect buffer sizes

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 24 21:47:24 UTC 2002

Jeremy Hull <jhull at sprinthosting.net> writes:

> OK, it's not cnfsstat thats the issue.

I'm not so sure.

> For some reason after I clear the index in each cycbuff and start innd,
> when it initializes the buffers it sets them to 40MB's per disk, which
> is like way too small for a 8+GB disk(s).... weird.

What are you using to determine that information?  41MB is the cycbuff
size that you defined mod 2GB, so I'm inclined to suspect that you're
using cnfsstat and cnfsheadconf to do this, both of which are Perl
programs, and you're not using a Perl compiled with long long support.

I bet cnfsstat is just reporting the wrong values and that INN is actually
initializing the buffers correctly.