nnrpd frontend doesn't update new articles - help, please!

Stefano Vargiu svargiu at it.tiscali.com
Tue Jan 15 15:35:36 UTC 2002

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this mailing list.
I hope you can help me, as well as I can help you :)

I have a problem that is driving me crazy.
I'm working on a news system with one backend (innd writing
articles to a filer) and two frontend (nnrpd reading articles from filer).
The three machines run inn 2.2.3, and all was ok.
Then I reinstalled one of the two frontends (os and software)
and it doesn't work properly anymore: if I connect to nnrpd on
that machine with just ONE client, all is ok. I send a new article,
and after one minute I can see that.
If I connect to nnrpd on the broken machine with more than one client
(TWO clients are enough), I can send a new article but it is never
shown in that frontend (while it is on the other frontend, and
the article is actually written to the filer).
As soon as I close one of the two connection, the other one after
a handful of seconds show all the new articles.

So if more than just one connection is opened to the broken
frontend, the articles are not refreshed. Closing all the connections
but one let this last one read all the last new articles.

The broken frontend run RedHat 7.2, kernel 2.4.14+patch NFS+
patch XFS, inn 2.2.3.
Does innd (in the frontend and with a configuration of this kind)
need some particular option?
Any idea about this strange behaviour?

Your help will be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.