unwanted.log strangeness

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at mitre.org
Tue Jan 15 17:51:42 UTC 2002

"Jeffrey M. Vinocur" wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Steven L. Sesar wrote:
>
> > The unwanted.log entries differ between both reader machines.
>
> Something odd in incoming.conf?
>
> Find a message-ID of something that belongs in the newsgroup that's acting
> up, and look for it in ~news/log/news on the new reader.

Yup. It's there. Now, on the "old" box, I don't need an entry in
incoming.conf since the feed is from old->new, not new->old, correct?

incoming.conf from new box:

streaming:              true   # streaming allowed by default
max-connections:        8      # per feed

peer ME {
  hostname:         "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
}

peer newstransit {
  hostname:         "newstransit.mitre.org, 199.94.96.3"
  max-connections:  10
}
peer top {
  hostname:         "news.mitre.org, 129.83.20.38"
  max-connections:  10
}