no 'new' articles available to nntp clients
mc at loudcloud.com
Thu Jan 17 02:21:55 UTC 2002
I have a recent problem.
The system is used for archiving mailing-lists using mail2news.
Running 2.3.2 under Solaris 2.7 - using tradspool, & tradindex for overview
- Articles show up in the article spool.
- The specific overview.*.DAT file is updated with the new article info
(the corresponding *.IDX file is updated though I can't view it).
- The active file is updated with the new article number.
- NNTP clients do not see the new articles.
- If I telnet to the newserver on port 119 and do a 'listgroup [newsgroup]',
I do not see the new articles.
- If I rebuild overview the new articles are there (pause inn; cd overview
directory; rm -r ./[a-zA-Z]*; makehistory -O -x -F, resume inn).
So what am I missing?
- michael coxe
More information about the inn-workers