no 'new' articles available to nntp clients

Michael Coxe mc at loudcloud.com
Thu Jan 17 02:21:55 UTC 2002

I have a recent problem.

The system is used for archiving mailing-lists using mail2news.
Running 2.3.2 under Solaris 2.7 -  using tradspool, & tradindex for overview

- Articles show up in the article spool.
- The specific overview.*.DAT file is updated with the new article info
  (the corresponding *.IDX file is updated though I can't view it).
- The active file is updated with the new article number.

But...
- NNTP clients do not see the new articles.
- If I telnet to the newserver on port 119 and do a 'listgroup [newsgroup]',
  I do not see the new articles.
- If I rebuild overview the new articles are there (pause inn; cd overview
  directory; rm -r ./[a-zA-Z]*; makehistory -O -x -F, resume inn).

So what am I missing?

 - michael coxe