innxmit strange behavior

Graeme Mathieson graeme+inn-workers at mathie.cx
Thu Jan 17 20:37:31 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:12:07PM -0500, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> Nope. I'm perplexed as to how there can be more articles in the origin server
> than in hte destination server.

... then I wonder if, for some reason, the history file on the sending
host is incomplete?

Can you engineer things so you innxmit just one group (say the one you
demonstrated as being 10 articles short) and see how many articles it
thinks it is sending in the first place?

> Or so says Netscape Messenger

I'm inclined to believe it here ... the response to the LISTGROUP
command confirms that.

Actually, while I'm here, I've got a question of my own.  Is there an
easy way to turn a message-id into a storage token?
--
graeme+sig at mathie.cx                          http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/