INN server not starting through INND startup script

Ajitesh Bhowmick abhowmick02 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 04:36:58 UTC 2002

I have installed inn-2.2.2-3.i386.rpm based Server, and all configuration are into default path i.e configuration files are into /etc/news and all binaries into /usr/bin, and other spool directory etc are into its default directory, I have configured the Server and now the problem is when I start the the server from locaton /etc/rc.d/init.d/innd, It doesnt start and doesnt give any error, but when i start through the /etc/rc.d/rc.news directly my inn server does starts and it works properly, Now Iam unable to understand why its not starting through /etc/rc.d/init.d/innd start script, Anybody who can help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
Ajitesh Bhowmick.