IPv6 status

William F. Maton wmaton at ryouko.dgim.crc.ca
Thu Jan 31 21:44:41 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> According to my IPv6 friend, there are people asking for IPv6 news peers
> every week or two on the IPv6 mailing lists, and the responses tend to be
> along the lines of "I'd love to do IPv6, but it's not in the official
> source, and I can't use the patches that are available."
>
> I've lost track of how far we are on this...

As a data point, I've been successfully acting as a news peers towards one
IPv4 upstream, and two IPv6 upstreams.  This is running on a Linux 2.2.16
kernel, with glibc 2.2.4, and an IPv6 patch from Japan that applied
cleanly against 2.3.2.

Thing is, before something like this creeps into a production release, I'd
love to see others running other OS's report in.

Who is asking for IPv6 peering?  I'd like to peer with them as well and
really give this patch a workout under IPv6!

> --
> Jeffrey M. Vinocur
> jeff at litech.org

wfms