see rejected articles ?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 3 01:12:57 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Asier Beobide wrote:

>> As far as i can see, we are rejecting quite a lot of articles, though i
>> suppose it is quite normal, but i would like to check those rejected
>> articles to see the reason we reject them.

> Well, the reasons (and Message-IDs) can be found in your log/news file.
> Once you know the Message-ID, you can find the actual article either
> using Google Groups or with reader access to their server.

Another option is to set wanttrash to true in inn.conf and restart INN.
All rejected articles will then be accepted and will show up in the
newsgroup "junk" and can be read as normal.

Warning:  This can potentially be a *lot* of articles and if you're not
storing junk in a CNFS buffer or the like, you can easily fill your disk.