References field in news message format.

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Wed Jul 3 14:48:22 UTC 2002

In article <etPan.3d22ef70.24bc0c94.7f4c at paralaplage.irisa.fr>,
	DINH Viet Hoa <Viet-Hoa.Dinh at irisa.fr> wrote;

} This bug cause some problems when we use it for threading.
} First, is this bug already fixed in the most recent version ?

Sad to say, not yet.

There could be some approaches to fix this.  The easiest
way is to drop heading white spaces including \r\n.  This
will be done by TrimSpaces(), but it means all such
headers will be reformatted like so(all heading spaces
in header will be deleted from posted article) in the
spool.  I think nnrpd should not do.  Rather, like innd,
nnrpd should keep tracking where the body of the header
begins, and such white spaces should not be dropped from
real article.  But this means, I guess, some rewriting
of the code will be needed.  How do other people think?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou