Postings disappear with upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Tue Jul 9 08:59:18 UTC 2002

In article <20020709080611.GA29627 at cip01.physik.uni-freiburg.de>,
	abaxx at lsweb.de wrote;

} The latter should be o.k. for a local news server without any external
} feeds, I presume ?

Right.

} When looking at the active file, it appeared to me that the entries are
} all of the type:
}  junk 0000000002 0000000003 y
} which should indicate that no articles are available in that group
} according to the man page. Thus I experimented with setting the lomark to
} 0000000001 to reenable the postings but that did not help either.

Do you have any existing articles in such groups?

} What is the format of tradspool.map, by the way - there seems to be no
} man page for it ?

tradspool.map is used as index to each newsgroup and it's
data file.

} My strong hunch is that something goes wrong with makehistory and
} makedbz, as only empty overview dat and idx files seem to be written to
} /var/spool/news/overview. The Overview method is tradindexed as can be
} seen from inn.conf (pretty much the standard one in Debian 3.0):

Could you find non empty dat/idx files just after makehistory?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou