Backup

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Wed Jul 10 13:05:17 UTC 2002

> In article
> <2769.193.237.255.89.1026301765.squirrel at webmail.earlsoft.co.uk>,
> 	"Dean Earley" <dean at earlsoft.co.uk> wrote;
>
> } I guess its timehash :o)
>
> Right.
>
> } I have no idea about the overview method though. Where would I check it?
>
> You should find it in inn.conf(ovmethod).
>
> } ps, this is an redhat 7.2 RPM install, so almost everything is set to
those } defaults.

> I assume tradindexed if it's default setting.

That it is.

> Then, it's necessary to backup under $pathoverview,
> $pathdb and $patharticles for your case.

pathdb:                 /var/lib/news
patharticles:           /var/spool/news/articles
pathoverview:           /var/spool/news/overview

Once I've reinstalled it, what will I need to change to stop it expiring
posts? I'd like to keep them idefinately if possible.
Does that line in expire.ctl do it?
*:A:1:never:60

Thanks again

--