question: nnrpd standalone mode status

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jul 16 09:41:06 UTC 2002

-> } as long as i upgraded to inn-2.3.3 (even when was advised to use CURRENT -
-> } thanks Joe, but will try later), I see still
-> }
-> } - nnrpd binds to 0.0.0.0, not to bindaddress
->
-> # nnrpd -D -b 127.0.0.1

yes of course. it binds to address specified on the command line, but not
the one specified in config file. 'bindaddress' is probably only for innd,
but I'd like to have it (or other variable) for nnrpd too.

-> } - nnrpd must be restarted if config changes
-> } - must run nnrpd twice to support ssl
->
-> Still left in CURRENT.

ok.

-> } - can't specify nnrpd's port in config
->
-> It's possible to specify as an argument.

on comand line. ok. but entry in inn.conf (or probably nnrpd.conf?) would be
nice too. of course, it will be meaningfull only if there will be option for
ssl port too.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them