expireover & tradspool

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 22 07:41:41 UTC 2002

-> } I am talking especially about memory needings - my expireover on 22gb spool
-> } eats over 200MB of ram.
->
-> The reason why expire is too slow on tradspool is
-> expire examines the existence of article to purge
-> overview and history.  So, it's rather necessary
-> to have faster disk I/O than memory.

I think I should have no(less?) problem with disk i/o. I use expire on
newsgroup names so this is also something very ineffective, it seems.

may I know, how does expire/expireover work in this cases? is there
something that makes it use so much memory?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.