Articles not sent (repost)

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Jul 26 13:58:15 UTC 2002

In article <20020726.072350.112626928.kondou at isc.org>,
Katsuhiro Kondou  <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> wrote:

| In article <ahpfa0$cd3$1 at gatekeeper.tmr.com>,
| 	davidsen at tmr.com (bill davidsen) wrote;
|
| } Jul 25 09:16:12 newsmst01 innfeed[20030]: CNFS-sm: could not mmap token @0302424947303041000000F15F1800000027@ BIG00A:0x1e2be300c:39: Cannot allocate memory
|
| Hm, this should not bring your original problem, since
| article will never be queued in the case.

Why not? It's in innfeed, innd had no problem writing the article,
presumable the token got piped to innfeed, and when it came to the top
of the queue it couldn't be opened. That's how I read it, feel free to
point out other paths.

The tokens are valid, I can grab them from the log, use sm to get the
message-id, find that in the logs to see where it would have been sent,
and send it with innxmit. Yes that's really ugly, although not as slow
as it sounds.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc