inn hiding news

Roland Hoesch roland.hoesch at t-online.de
Sun Jul 28 23:22:00 UTC 2002

Hi,
I'm running inn-2.3.2-53 on SuSE 8.0.
I can post news from inside my local net and from outside. That works fine.
But when someone from inside or outside my local domain wants to read the
news, he can only read those news, which were posted from inside the domain.
When I look into the /var/spool/news/articles directory all news -also those
from a external sender- are to be seen. But nevertheless they are not
readable by any news client we tried (mozilla on win, knode, mozilla on
linux, outlook express).
In my reader.conf I allow any access (that'a no problem for me, because only
few people have access to my newsserver via a ssh tunnel):

auth full {
     hosts:      "*"
     default:    <LOCAL>
}