Monthly summaries

Russell S. Ireland irelandr at btv.ibm.com
Tue Jun 4 22:37:37 UTC 2002

I have been asked to come up with various monthly statistics for a few inn
servers that I babysit.  Right now I am looking for number of posts and number
of reads per server.

Is my best option going to be to write a script that does a monthly add of
values found in each day's innreport output (news-notice.2002.05.*)?

Because these are internal groups and we are using a master with several
slaves and a few peers, it looks like the number of posts for each slave or
peer server as reported on the master is the number of accepted under incoming
feeds.  Is that true?

And, for reads...  Are the numbers given for articles or newsgroup request
counts actual reads?  Or just header downloads?

Are there options for innreport that will give me what I want?

Are there other inn reporting tools available?  What are they?

Thanks,

--
Russell S.  Ireland