Idea for article filter in storage.conf

greg andruk gja at meowing.net
Fri Jun 7 23:04:31 UTC 2002

Alex Kiernan wrote:

>[...]
>

>Where binary-filter.pl (actually I haven't thought very hard about the
>actual mechanics yet) then returns yes/no so you can store stuff in a
>CNFS can based on its content.

Better, allow a variable to be set in the main innd filter, so that the
value could be applied to both newsfeeds and storage. In the binaries
example, you might want to put the really big articles in a special
place, but some peers may not be interested in seeing them at all. Also,
rather than a simple binary boolean, make the value a number or string
 so that other characteristics can be simliarly categorized.