HOWTO on tradspool => cnfs

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Jun 8 17:28:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Sean Dougherty wrote:

> I am running into several bottle necks with my current inn 2.3.2 on an
> intel/redhat 7.2 box.  From what I have read, it may be time to switch
> from the tradspool to cnfs.  But I have not found any detailed directions
> on how to do this.

Do you really need to move the old articles over?  If you can deal with
having the existing stuff remain in tradspool until it expires, simply
configure CNFS and modify storage.conf appropriately.  (New articles will
be stored in CNFS, and all articles will be visible.)

If you need to move the old articles, it's a bit of a pain.  The
"simplest" thing is to set up a new server and feed the articles over with
innxmit.

We can discuss either path in more detail once you choose one.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org