unique readers

Russell S. Ireland irelandr at btv.ibm.com
Tue Jun 11 17:22:18 UTC 2002

What ways are there to count the number of unique USERS of my news server?

The NNRP readership stats unfortunately don't appear to be good enough.  These
daily stats count readership by IP address or number (if it can't resolve).
Unfortunately we experience name re-use due to some of the methods (VPN,
dial-up,etc) that people are using to get to our intranet and then to my news
server.  And there are also the few multi-user machines as well.

We don't require user logins, yet.

Would requiring Logins generate enough log info so that I could track it that
way?

Anybody already solve what I am looking to do?

Thank-you,
--
Russell S.  Ireland