Location of SetupDaemon in nnrpd.c

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Thu Jun 13 08:48:27 UTC 2002

Anyone remember the detail of this change to nnrpd.c:

Revision 1.81 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Mon May 8 22:24:54 2000 UTC (2 years, 1 month ago) by kondou
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.80: +2 -3 lines
Diff to previous 1.80 (unified)
- From: Heiko Schlichting <inn-bugs at fu-berlin.de>
- If nnrpd is started in daemon mode (and only then) and two or more nnrpd
  processes try to access articles in the same CNFS buffer simultaneously
  there are conflicts which cause article loss for the reader. The problem
  seems to be the opening of the CNFS buffer, which are done in SetupDaemon()
  *before* the daemon forks.

Basically I'd really, really like to move SetupDaemon() back to where
it was, as its causing a mammoth amount of I/O every time someone
connects to one of my reader boxes (during some testing, a connect
every 15s was causing 2Mb/s of traffic to the NFS mounted file store -
all CNFS bitmap traffic).

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc