cnfs problems

Sean Dougherty sean at cortex.ama.ttuhsc.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:07:46 UTC 2002

I am trying to convert to cnfs, I get the following two errors, depending
on whether I have one storage area or multiple ones listed in storage.conf.

If I have one then I get this error in news.err:

>Jun 13 13:18:51 news innd: CNFS-sm: file '/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/ALT'
>does notI have modified both storage.conf and cycbuff.conf exist, ignoring
>'ALT' cycbuff Jun 13 13:18:51 news innd: SM storage method 'cnfs' failed
>initialization
>Jun 13 13:18:51 news innd: SM one or more storage methods failed
>initialization

Yes I have double checked the existence of '/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/ALT'
and it is there and it is owned news.news with a chmod of 664.  By the
way I created the file useing the "dd" method outlined in the man page of
cycbuff.conf

If I enable multiple storage areas in storage.conf I get this error in
news.err.

>Jun 13 13:29:10 news innd: SM Unknown keyword in method declaration, line
>29: *

Below is both the storage.conf I am using and the cycbuff.conf I am
using, any light that can be shed onto what I am doing wrong is appreciated.

===========storage.conf===============
method cnfs {
        newsgroups: alt.binaries.*
        class: 0
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: alt.*
        class: 1
}

method cnfs {
        newgroups: *
        class: 2
}

====================cycbuff.conf================

cycbuff:ONE:/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/BINARIES:10000000
cycbuff:TWO:/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/ALT:10000000
cycbuff:THREE:/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/ALT1:10000000
cycbuff:FOUR:/var/news/cnfs-cycbuffs/NONALT:20000000

metacycbuff:BINARIES:ONE
metacycbuff:ALT:TWO,THREE
metacycbuff:NONALT:FOUR

I edited out all the comments, and I have also shown the version that
have multiple storage areas.  To get one storage area I comment out
everything but BINARIES

Thanks for any help you might have.