seg fault with inncheck

Russell S. Ireland irelandr at btv.ibm.com
Thu Jun 13 21:48:05 UTC 2002

So why would I be getting this:
news at w3pilot2:/usr/local/news/bin > ./inncheck -v
Looking at /usr/local/news/db/active...
Looking at /usr/local/news/etc/control.ctl...
Segmentation fault

Obviously there is a problem.  We have been unable to build the overview for
"large" groups ( > ~5000 arts).

This is on SuSe for s390.  We are running INN 2.3.3 stable (20011015
prerelease).  It compiles and runs clean, does overviews on an earlier version
of the OS (SuSe 7.0 -Linux w3pilot1 2.2.16 #3 SMP Thu Mar 22 12:32:35 EST 2001
s390 unknown) .  Seems to be hosed on this newer version (SuSe ? - Linux
w3pilot2 2.4.7-SuSE-NoHZ-SMP #1 SMP Tue Apr 9 13:17:51 CEST 2002 s390
unknown).  I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know the new SuSe version and
the kind folks who take care of the linux side have gone home for the day.

Can't really go with 2.3.3 release right now for various reasons, but maybe
that will fix the problem?

Otherwise the server appears to work.  We repopulated another slave, that was
having the same problem, using innxmit from the master and that appears to
work well, as far as we can tell so far...

Thank-you,
--
Russell S.  Ireland