safe to run overchan when useoverchan is set to "false"?

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Wed Jun 26 22:31:37 UTC 2002

I'm running an INN 2.3.2 server, and occasionally, articles don't
show up in overview even though they're present on the machine.
I'm not using overchan, but I'd like to pass the problem articles
to it so I can add them to overview "after the fact".  Only thing
is, I'm not sure it's safe to have overchan and innd writing to
the overview database at the same time.  (I'm using ovdb, but
considering switching to tradindexed.)  What's the story?

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod