Inputs to perl/python auth

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Mar 3 04:26:36 UTC 2002

Next mumble...

In nnrpd, perlAccess() and friends take arguments ClientHost, ClientIP,
and ServerHost.  However, there are global variables of the same names,
and those variables are always the inputs to the perl/python functions.

So it seems somewhat silly to pass these things around all over the place
when they're global anyway.  On the other hand, if we're planning to do
something a bit saner than global variable eventually, we might want to
keep the prototype as is.

Any thoughts?

(My opinion at the moment is to leave the inputs but lowercase the first
letter -- they're not globals, so that makes more sense stylistically, and
resolves the naming clash.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org