inn 2.3.2

zpetar zpetar at tehnicom.net
Sun Mar 3 12:27:30 UTC 2002

> Pricewatch is listing Celeron 533 PPGA's for <$30 from multiple sources,
> and you can get a 1GHz Duron for <$50, also from multiple sources. You'd
pay
> more than that just for the electricity a cluster of legacy systems would
> consume just over a period of a few months...

Nice but here i have some old pc box .. so price is zero :o)
power ... it is not problem ...
the question is about beowolf and inn ...
why..
i do have NFS server (cel667 30gb system, + 4 * 60Gb on HTP 370,
256ram...2gb swap .. :) ) for file storage
one MAIN server (cel766 40gb system 512Mb ram + 4Gb swap) for main INN work
... it use NFS for file storage
connected whit 100Mb/s switched (cisco switch) and another FEED server (same
ad MAIN) he does all feed in/out
filtering etc ...
all is kewl .. but .. if i start NNRPD on MAIN server... to server clients
:) .. and allow up to 300 clients ...
system get ... slooow and ugly ... users are lised lines from 512kb/s up to
100Mb/s in lan :) ..
when i tryed to user another box for nnrpd only used same NNTP server and
same files ..
NNRPD is conf. to post articles to MAIN server... and i can READ and POST ..
BUT !!!!! allways but :) ..
what i post ... i don't see ... why ... for some reason INN don't write
changes to files ...

i use CNFS and INDEXEDBUFF .. :) ..
for nfs user wsize=0,wread=0 and try
sync,nolock,atime,exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto,rsize=0,wsize=0
wont work :(( ...

this is inn.conf
what i do wrong :) ..
----
##  $Id: inn.conf.in,v 1.41.2.1 2000/07/17 06:46:17 rra Exp $
##
##  inn.conf -- INN configuration data
##
##  Format:
##
##  Blank values are allowed for certain parameters.
##
##  See the inn.conf(5) man page for a full description of each of these
##  options.  This sample file is divided into two sections; first, there
##  are the parameters that must be set (or should be set in nearly all
##  cases), and then all parameters are given with their defaults for
##  reference in the same order and with the same organization as the
##  inn.conf(5) documentation.

# The following parameters are most likely to need setting, although the
# defaults generated by configure may be reasonable.

mta:                    /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem %s
organization:           NEWS @ TEHNICOM.NET usenet server
#ovmethod:               tradindexed
ovmethod:               buffindexed
#ovmethod:               ovdb

pathhost:               news.tehnicom.net
pathnews:               /usr

# General Settings

domain:
innflags:
mailcmd:                /usr/bin/innmail
server:                 main.news.tehnicom.net

# Feed Configuration

artcutoff:              10
bindaddress:            62.193.128.70

hiscachesize:           1
# za hist cache je def 0
# ali... :) ... kaze da je dobro za server pogotovo
# ako ima veliki input da ima 256k ...hm ... probam sa 512k
# :) ... 02.II.2002 ...pera...

ignorenewsgroups:       false
immediatecancel:        false
linecountfuzz:          0
maxartsize:             1000000
maxconnections:         300
pathalias:
pgpverify:              false
port:                   119
refusecybercancels:     false
remembertrash:          true
sourceaddress:
usecontrolchan:         true
verifycancels:          false
wanttrash:              false
wipcheck:               5
wipexpire:              10

# Article Storage

cnfscheckfudgesize:     0
enableoverview:         true
groupbaseexpiry:        true
mergetogroups:          false
overcachesize:          15
ovgrouppat:
storeonxref:            false
useoverchan:            false
wireformat:             false
xrefslave:              false

# Reading

allownewnews:           true
articlemmap:            false
clienttimeout:          1800
nnrpdcheckart:          false
nnrpperlauth:           false
nnrppythonauth:         false
noreader:               true
readerswhenstopped:     false
readertrack:            false

# Reading -- Keyword Support
#
# Enabling this without stopping innd and deleting the existing overview
# database and adding will probably confuse a lot of things.  You must
# have compiled this support in too.

keywords:               false
keyartlimit:            100000
keylimit:               512
keymaxwords:            250

# Posting

addnntppostingdate:     true
addnntppostinghost:     true
checkincludedtext:      false
complaints:             news at tehnicom.net
fromhost:
localmaxartsize:        1000000
moderatormailer:
nnrpdauthsender:        false
nnrpdposthost:          62.193.128.70
nnrpdpostport:          119
spoolfirst:             false
strippostcc:            false

# Posting -- Exponential Backoff

backoffauth:            false
backoffdb:
backoffk:               1
backoffpostfast:        0
backoffpostslow:        1
backofftrigger:         10000

# Monitoring

doinnwatch:             false
innwatchbatchspace:     800
innwatchlibspace:       25000
innwatchloload:         1000
innwatchhiload:         2000
innwatchpauseload:      1500
innwatchsleeptime:      600
innwatchspoolnodes:     200
innwatchspoolspace:     8000

# Logging

docnfsstat:             false
#logartsize:             true
logartsize:             false
logcancelcomm:          false
logcycles:              10
#logipaddr:              true
logipaddr:              false
#logsitename:            true
logsitename:            false
nnrpdoverstats:         false
# nntpactsync:            200
nntpactsync:            1

nntplinklog:            false
status:                 0
timer:                  0

# System Tuning

badiocount:             5

blockbackoff:           120
chaninacttime:          600
chanretrytime:          300

# icdsynccount:           10
icdsynccount:           1

maxforks:               10
nicekids:               0
nicenewnews:            0
nicennrpd:              0
pauseretrytime:         10
peertimeout:            300
rlimitnofile:           -1

# Paths

patharchive:            /var/spool/news/archive
patharticles:           /var/spool/news/articles
pathbin:                /usr/bin
pathcontrol:            /etc/news/usr/bin/control
pathdb:                 /var/lib/news
pathetc:                /etc/news
pathfilter:             /etc/news/usr/bin/filter
pathhttp:               /var/log/news
pathincoming:           /var/spool/news/incoming
pathlog:                /var/log/news
pathoutgoing:           /var/spool/news/outgoing
pathoverview:           /var/spool/news/overview
pathrun:                /var/run/news
pathspool:              /var/spool/news
pathtmp:                /tmp/NEWS
----

ps.
    sorry on my very bad english and long post :)