Odd nnrpd problem

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Mar 5 17:42:10 UTC 2002

I have a system running CURRENT-20011101. It has been running fine until
a few days ago. At that time I developed a problem with nnrpd, it works
fine if I run it from command line, it runs fine if I do MODE READER
from the innd on port 433, but if I start it as a daemon (which is how I
need it to work) it always returns an empty list of newsgroups to LIST
ACTIVE or GROUP commands.

I hesitate greatly to start playing with upgrades since this has been
working just fine all this time, hopefully someone will have some
explanation of why the daemon stopped working.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc