NNRPD fails in daemon mode

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Mar 6 21:34:13 UTC 2002

On 6 Mar 2002, bill davidsen wrote:

> Jeffrey M. Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> wrote:
>
> | The usual question:  what changed?
>
> Definitely nothing. The machine is a server in a remote site. As long as
> it sends me a daily I don't look at it for months. All of a sudden nnrpd
> stopped working.

You had the same existing, long-running nnrpd process through this change?
Wow, that's freaky.

> | (Other than that...hrm...how is your readers.conf set up?)
>
> Follows, but of course it's the same no matter how I start nnrpd...

Right...I was wondering if you were doing something complicated where
depending on exactly how the socket was being handled.

If you spawn nnrpd from INN or out of inetd, does it work?

(Yes, I'm grasping at straws.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org